Women’s Retreat Volunteer Application
Thank you for offering your gifts and volunteering! We need a solid group of women and men who are ready and willing to serve the women of Oklahoma. We pray you will link arms with us to make this special weekend happen!
Currently, we are looking for volunteers for 3 positions:
- Gate Greeter (women or men)
- Cabin Hostess (women only)
- Transportation (men only)
In order for retreat to run smoothly, we need all hands on deck! As much as we prepare for every single detail, there are a variety of unpredictable responsibilities that come up. Being ready for the unexpected and greeting it with a smile is a must! The scope of your volunteer position may include any or all of the following:
- Helping attendees navigate the grounds. Volunteers must have a familiarity of Falls Creek. You do not need to know where every cabin is, but you must have some idea of the conference center and how to navigate the grounds.
- Assisting in carrying luggage to cabins. Women tend to over pack! Be prepared to help carry luggage up hills and stairs.
- Verifying registration and organizing forms. With any event, there are a lot of details for registration. It’s time to put your administrative gifts to work!
- Answering questions about retreat details. Women love to know the details. Be willing to find out answers to questions!
- Keeping a pep in your step! The day is long, but it’s worth every ounce of energy.
- Praying continuously. Join with us in expecting God to move in the life of women across our state!
Age Requirement: at least 18 years old for Cabin Hostesses
- There is a lot that happens behind the scene. Please do not volunteer expecting to attend the general sessions.
- Due to the high volume of applicants, we are asking that you ONLY APPLY TO VOLUNTEER IF YOU CAN COMMIT TO SERVE ALL DAY FRIDAY, APRIL 12TH, AND SATURDAY, APRIL 13TH.
- Mileage, tolls and any other expenses while traveling to Falls Creek are your responsibility.
- You will be provided with a t-shirt, meals, lodging, and access to the volunteer area which will have complimentary snacks and drinks.
- Your registration is comped as a thank you for your service
- You will get to encounter first hand stories of life change! It’s an eternal perk that makes tired, worn out legs worth it!
There is a MANDATORY volunteer orientation on Thursday, April 4, at 6:30pm at the Baptist Building.
*This meeting excludes volunteers helping with transportation. Golf cart driver orientation will take place at Falls Creek on Friday, April 12, at 9:00am.
ALL Volunteers need to arrive at Falls Creek by 6 pm on Thursday April 11th.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us. All volunteer positions for the 2019 Women’s Retreat are taken.