This electronic document serves as an agreement between the Baptist General Convention of Oklahoma (BGCO) and Speaker (Your name above) to speak at the State Evangelism Conference Women's Breakout
• I. SPEAKING ENGAGEMENT DESCRIPTION:
- You will speak once during the conference. the specific time for you to speak will be relayed via e-mail by the Amy Cordova, Women’s Ministry Specialist (email@example.com).
• II. BGCO CONTACT:
- Amy Cordova
3800 N. May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 942-3800, Ext. 4324
3800 N. May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112
(405) 942-3800, Ext. 4318
• III. SPEAKER CONTACT
Number at which you can be reached during travel.
If there is another phone number you would prefer us to use please enter it here.
- The BGCO will be responsible for all reasonable expenses and fees associated with this engagement unless otherwise negotiated. Expenses for Speaker will include economy airfare, local lodging and meals, ground transportation and other expenses made necessary by Speaker’s trip to the event. Please provide all receipts in order for expenses to be reimbursed.
Meals and Lodging while at the State Evangelism Conference will be provided by the BGCO.
- Prior to payment, Speaker must provide a completed IRS Form W-9 and the Affidavit of Exemption of Worker's Compensation (which must be notarized and updated yearly) to the BGCO. All Payments will be in the form of a check issued by the BGCO and made payable to SPEAKER as indicated in Section III.
If you have an electronic W-9 completed, you can upload it below. (You will have opportunity to upload this at a later date as well)
- (a) Speaker is solely responsible for payment of royalty fees, and/or dramatic rights and dramatic musical works and/or performance fees, and similar costs. Speaker shall indemnify BGCO against any liability or damages, including attorney fees, which may arise as a result of violation by Speaker of copyright laws. Speaker agrees and states that all materials and content presented by Speaker do not infringe or violate any copyright, trademark, patent or intellectual property rights of any person or entity.
(b) Details and manner of speech are under the control of Speaker. However, Speaker may be directed to discontinue any activity constituting violation of BGCO policy, as well as federal, state, or local laws.
(c) Anticipated starting times specified in the Speaker’s Agreement, subject to minor modifications because of unanticipated occurrences, are of the essence and hence, Speaker is required to be at place of performance a sufficient period of time prior to the schedule time of commencement so as to permit timely presentations.
(d) SPEAKER agrees to allow the posting of the session onto the BGCO Women Vimeo Channel to be used as a resource.
• VII. CANCELLATION
- The BGCO reserves the right to cancel the terms of the agreement at any time due to event cancellation or change of conditions of the event beyond its control. Speaker will be informed of the cancellation as soon as possible.
The BGCO may also cancel this agreement if Speaker or organization Speaker represents, engages in inappropriate moral or ethical behavior, or teaches or promotes doctrine that the BGCO deems inappropriate for the event.
The BGCO reserves the right to change the length or size of any session, or change the place of any session at its discretion at any time.
If Speaker desires to cancel, Speaker agrees to provide ninety (90) days written notice of cancellation (addressed to the contact given in Section II above).
• X. APPLICABLE LAW/VENUE
- All disputes regarding the construction, interpretation and the parties’ obligations under this Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Oklahoma, notwithstanding any of that state’s laws to the contrary, regardless of the location of the Engagement. The venue and jurisdiction for the resolution of any such disputes will be Oklahoma County, Oklahoma.
• XI. INDEMNIFICATION
- Speaker/Performer will defend, indemnify and hold harmless BGCO, its officers, employees, trustees, agents and representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, damages, liabilities, expenses, losses of every nature and kind, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs, sustained or alleged to have been sustained in connection with or arising out of the Engagement, even in the event the BGCO is alleged or found to be partially negligent. However, Speaker/Performer will not be obligated to so indemnify BGCO if BGCO is proven to be solely negligent.
• XII. ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND NOTICE
- This Speaker’s Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the parties. The BGCO and Speaker agree to keep all terms and conditions of this contract in strict confidentiality.
The parties have agreed to and executed this Speaker’s contract as of the date this form is submitted.
- By clicking submit I agree to the terms listed above.