One of the most important aspects of the Women’s Missions and Ministries Office is equipping women to reach women through their local church and community. We know leadership skills are vital to a healthy ministry. When leadership thrives, so does your ministry.
That’s why our office conducts annual SWEET events. SWEET is an acronym for Statewide Women’s Enrichment and Education Training. Sometimes these events are held on a Saturday and are conducted as a statewide conference. But, we’ve also realized the value of regional events every other year. So…this year we’re coming to five locations around the state! These are evening events designed especially with ideas to help you reach women with God’s word and to reach others with the Gospel of Christ.
Dates and locations for 2010 include:
- Oklahoma City, Quail Springs, August 10
- Guymon, Grace Southern, August 12
- McAlester, First Baptist, August 31
- Lawton, First Baptist, September 2
- Inola, First Baptist, September 9
We have six learning lab leaders who will be teaching at most locations. They are the best teaching team our state can offer, so you don’t want to miss hearing from them. In fact, you will have the opportunity to attend two learning labs out of the 12 offered. (one reason you need to bring your entire ministry team!)
Learning Labs include:
- Unhindered: 2010-11 WMU Emphasis (this is especially for WMU Directors and Women on Mission Leaders)
- Cracking Creativity: Creativity in Ministry
- Beginning, Balanced and Blooming: How to Begin a Women’s Ministry and Keeping It Balanced
- Leading to Change Lives: How to Develop a Leadership Team
- Inspiration to Application: Applying God’s Word in Bible Studies (as groups and as individuals)
- Connections and Conversations: Bridging the Generations In Ministry
- More Than a Billion Reasons to Pray and Go: Learning about our Partnership with East Asia
- Recycle, Reuse Resources: How to Do Ministry On a Dime
- I Feel Like a Woman…Let’s Go Girls: Biblical Womanhood
- In the Company of Women: How to Develop Community in Your Ministry
- A Life Set Apart: Pursuing Personal Holiness
- Electronic Gospel: Using Technology in Ministry
In addition, we are offering a special teen girl’s track in Guymon and Baby Boot Camp training at three locations. Patsy Sanders, who has coordinated Baby Boot Camps around the state, will give women the opportunity to learn how to begin this type of ministry in your area.
The cost is only $15 which includes resources and dessert. More details are on our website, so plan now to attend!